Your Dream Partner, Your Dream Location, Your Dream Wedding, and The Best Wedding Day Songs of All Time
You’ve dreamed of this moment for your whole life. A dream wedding ceremony in Central Park, across from the person you love. Celebrating your love with your closest family members and friends. Now your dream is about to come true, which means it’s time to start thinking about what music you want to be played at your wedding ceremony and reception.
To make your moment memorable you can choose many different kinds of music from classical love pieces to rap or pop songs. It's probably best to avoid songs with lyrics that are inappropriate for a family gathering. In case you are having a hard time choosing the best songs for your wedding day, we’re here to help. We’ve prepared a list of some of the more popular wedding day songs.
How to Choose the Best Songs
Start out by brainstorming and writing songs down. For example, what is your favorite song that reminds you how much you love your partner? Think about a song that describes how happy you are to begin your life together as a married couple. Include a song that makes you think about the importance of family and something that represents your personality and interests, or that reflects who you are as an individual. Choose another song that expresses just how much you care for each other. Like you can feel the lyrics just touch your heart. It can be a song that’s been playing on repeat since you first met or one that you recently heard.
Top 10 Wedding Songs For Couples
- “I Do” by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya – This song is a great choice if you are looking to get married in the summer, it has an upbeat feel and will have your guests dancing all night long!
- “Love Me Like You Mean It” by Maroon 5 ft. Cardi B – If you want something that will have people dancing the night away at your reception, this song is perfect for you!
- “My Love Is Your Love” by John Legend & Common – A beautiful tune that will be sure to bring tears of joy to your eyes on your special day!
- “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole – Another classic song with an uplifting message, this song will help to keep your wedding fun and memorable!
- “The Way I Loved You” by Whitney Houston – One of our favorite love songs, this song is guaranteed to put a smile on everyone’s face when they hear it during your ceremony!
- “You Are My World” by James Ingram – This song is one of the most popular wedding songs ever written, so there’s no doubt that it will be a hit at your reception!
- “Your Eyes Close But Mine Stay Open” by Sia – This song is perfect for any couple who wants to express their feelings for each other during their wedding ceremony!
- “Wake Up Call” by Bruno Mars ft. Ariana Grande – This song is about how important it is to stay together through thick and thin, which makes it the perfect choice for those who want to show off their commitment to each other!
- “What Makes You Beautiful” by David Guetta ft. Kelly Rowland – This song is not only beautiful but also meaningful, as it talks about the beauty of true love!
- “When We Were Young” by Alphaville – This song was originally released in 1988, making it older than some of the other songs on this list, but we think it still holds up today!
Pre-Wedding Getting Ready Songs
Getting ready for your wedding is about more than just fixing your hair and stepping into your outfit. It's a time of excitement and anticipation, and it should be enjoyed with friends, family, and an upbeat playlist. Below is a roundup of our top 5 tunes that will get your wedding day started with a kick.
- "Glamorous" by Fergie ft. Ludacris
- "Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift
- "Truth Hurts" by Lizzo
- "Dear Future Husband" by Meghan Trainor
- "Your Love" by Nicki Minaj
Wedding Processional Songs
The wedding processional song is the first song played during the wedding ceremony. A procession is when the groomsman, bridesmaids, flower girls, ring bearers, and parents or grandparents walk down the aisle. Traditionally, the bride is the last to walk down the aisle, usually with her father, someone of her choice, or alone. Ultimately, the order of events and the music choices are left entirely up to the couple. Here are some popular processional songs:
"Canon in D" by Pachelbel
"All You Need is Love" by The Beatles
"Air" from "The Water Music" by Handel
"Neville's Waltz" by Patrick Doyle (from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
"Married Life" by Michael Giacchino (from Up)
"Hoppípolla" by Sigur Rós
"Reign of Love" by Coldplay
"Jurassic Park Theme" by Thomas Oliver (from Jurassic Park)
"Clarity" by Evan Duffy
"I'm Yours" by Vitamin String Quartet
"If I Could Fly" by One Direction Art Is For Lovers Photography
"Proud Mary" by Tina Turner
"You'll Be In My Heart" by Eric Benet
"Ave Maria" by Johann Sebastian Bach
"One Day More" by Josh Groban
"When You Say Nothing At All" by Elton John
"All I Ask Of You" by Michael Buble
"You're Still My Baby" by Elvis Presley
“Just the way you are” by Bruno Mars
"If I Ever Fall in Love Again" by Nat King Cole
“Time after Time” by Cyndi Lauper
Walking down the Aisle
Here comes the bride! Ok, you're walking down the aisle at this point, so you'll want something upbeat and romantic to help set the mood. These songs have been carefully selected to reflect the joy of getting married.
"Breathe In Breathe Out" by The Weeknd
"Love Song" by Adele
"No More Sad Songs" by Jason Mraz
"Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova
"Just Dance" by Lady Gaga
"Somewhere Only We Know" by Train
"Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas
"What About Us?" by Pink
"Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina & The Waves
"Never Gonna Let You Go " by Cher
"My Heart Will Always Be With You" by Whitney Houston
"How Do I Live Without You" by Mariah Carey
"A Thousand Years" by James Blunt
Romantic Wedding Songs
After walking down the aisle, you'll likely have some downtime before the reception begins. This is a great opportunity to enjoy some drinks and snacks with your guests while listening to upbeat songs that will keep the mood light. If you'd like to add a little romance, these songs are perfect choices.
"You Make My Dreams Come True" by Mariah Carey
"Just Like Heaven" by The Cure
"I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston
"Love Story" by Taylor Swift
"Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey
"All By Myself" by John Legend
"When You Believe" by Celine Dion
"Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5
"Losing My Religion" by R.E.M.
"Forever Young" by Alphaville
"Happy" by Pharrell Williams
"We Found Love" by Rihanna
"Can't Help Falling In Love" by Elvis Presley
It’s Party Time! Wedding Reception Songs
Music is an integral part of every wedding, but what happens after the ceremony? Well, usually it's party time! Everyone heads over to the reception to enjoy food, drinks, and entertainment. Don’t be a party pooper, your reception music should be fun and exciting. If you want to keep the party going all night long, we recommend these songs:
"Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift
"Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO
"Boom Boom Pow" by The Black Eyed Peas
"Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5
"Crazy in Love" by Beyoncé
" I Do It For You" by Bryan Adams
"Let Me Love You Tonight" by Def Leppard
"Poker Face" by Lady Gaga
“ I Do It For You" by Bryan Adams
"Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen
"Hey Ya!" by Outkast
"Gangnam Style" by Psy
Whole Lotta Rosie" by AC/DC
"It's A Beautiful Night" by Bruno Mars
"Summertime Blues" by Ella Fitzgerald
"Barefootin' " by Little Feat
"I'm Not There" by Bob Dylan
"Kiss From A Rose" by David Guetta
"Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who
"Tears Are Running Down My Face" by Eric Clapton
As you can see, there are many different types of music that you can incorporate for your big day. Some people like to use their favorite songs throughout the entire event, while others prefer to shuffle it up. Whatever you choose, keep in mind that you'll be making memories that will last a lifetime. The most valuable and important thing we can deliver is an unforgettable memory.
Based in Manhattan, Happenings™ founder Tom Noel would often take a walk through Central Park. In 2008, during one of his walks, he stopped to sit at one of his favorite iconic locations in the Park, the Bethesda Fountain. It was there that Mr. Noel noticed that the intrinsic beauty that surrounded him was not being fully harnessed. He also realized that not a single business provided the exclusiveness of an affordable and high-quality event planner. Determined to change this, Happenings™ was born.
Happenings™ Ever After
Most people give up on their dreams of an iconic wedding ceremony because it feels too overwhelming to plan. We’re here to help you create a memory of a lifetime through thoughtfully organized planning tailored to iconic locations throughout Central Park so you can step into your moment with the one that you love. Book Now.
Having Doubts Before the Wedding
Having Doubts Before the Wedding
Pregnant and Engaged: Simplify Wedding Planning During Pregnancy
Pregnant and Engaged: How to Simplify Wedding Planning During Pregnancy