If you suspect cheating or infidelity is happening in your relationship, the best thing to do is to talk about it right away. Try not to react too strongly as this will only worsen things for both of you.
One of the most difficult problems faced in a relationship is infidelity. The reality is that people cheat on their partners for different reasons. It could be that they feel like they're missing something. Maybe they are looking for another person who will love them, or they feel like they need some new excitement in their lives. Are you starting to feel like you are walking on eggshells? Maybe your partner is being extra nice to you now. If you are questioning your partner's recent changes or wondering why they have turned into a complete jerk or a complete saint, it may be your gut instinct telling you that something in the relationship is off. In this article we’re going to discuss the most common warning signs that your partner might be cheating:
Your partner had a random schedule change
If your spouse has never been away from home for a business trip and then suddenly needs to travel for work on the weekend, they might be having weekend getaways with someone else. Additionally, frequently experiencing car problems such as flat tires, dead batteries, keys locked in the car, or out-of-the-ordinary traffic jams could be signs of infidelity. Unfortunately, someone that is cheating on their partner may also suddenly forget to pick up their children; forget birthdays and other important events.
Your partner's attitude changes
– Cheaters are typically happier than the average person.
– They might try to cover up their lies with a smile.
– People who lie often talk too much.
– They are angry or nervous when they are around you
If your partner suddenly becomes too nice or too happy, they might be trying to cover up their cheating. If they become angry and frustrated with you out of the blue, it's probably not you. They may be projecting their feelings on you. This isn't always obvious because some people change over time. Sometimes one partner will find out that the other partner is not who they said they were.
Change in behaviors
A relationship or marriage is in trouble if there is constant dishonesty and inconsistency with a partner. The following behaviors could mean that your partner is cheating.
- You feel like you're being avoided.
- They don't want to spend time with you anymore.
- You find out that your partner has lied to you a lot.
- Friends of your partner become nervous around you.
- Your partner is more guarded.
- All of a sudden your partner has abandoned their faith.
- Your partner accuses you of being unfaithful.
There has been drastic changes to Your Sex Life
- Less sex = infidelity, More sex = covering up infidelity
- If there is less sex in your relationship it may be because your partner is concentrating on someone else; likewise, if sex becomes more frequent they may be trying to cover up their infidelity.
- Change in emotional connection = cheating
- If the sex you and your partner have feels less emotional, it may be a sign that they are cheating.
- New tricks = learning somewhere outside of the relationship
- If your partner is teaching you new tricks in the bedroom or introducing new activities to your sex life, you might enjoy it, but they may be learning those new tricks outside of your relationship.
There are many reasons why your sex life might be suffering. It could be because you are having trouble conceiving or maybe you are just too tired. However, if you notice any of the signs above, it's time for you and your partner to talk about it.
They are sneaky with their cell phone
Does your partner take their phone with them even when they go to the bathroom? Ok, it's 2021, the era of technology. Some people are seriously addicted to their phones. They carry them out of habit. Don't worry. It doesn't automatically mean that they're cheating. However, if this is new behavior for your partner, it may be a concern for you that is worth discussing.
- If you've found your partner deleting text messages or clearing their browsing history, then it's a good idea to find out what's going on. They may be hiding something from you or attempting to avoid getting calls or texts in your presence.
They charge their phone in a different location
Ok, maybe charging the phone in the kitchen or bathroom isn't that big of a deal. But if your partner used to leave their phone charging on the nightstand and now suddenly, they charge it anywhere as long as it is far away from you, big red flag.
You're being showered with an enormous amount of gifts
Some cheaters become big givers. They do this to deter their partner from the truth. If your partner randomly starts coming home with all sorts of gifts for you, this may be a sign that they are cheating. Of course, if they have always done this type of thing, it may not have anything to do with cheating.
You are concerned about your partner’s spending habits
Financial stress is common in any marriage but the following things might be red flags that you want to look into.
- Credit card charges that you didn’t make show up on your statement.
- Money has become more of a problem in your relationship.
- Cash is randomly being withdrawn from the bank.
- Your partner abruptly stops making plans for purchases for important things such as a trip, buying a house, or other major purchases.
You suddenly don't exist to them on social media
A person should be willing to openly talk about their relationship. For example, couples tag each other, comment on each other's social media posts, or upload photos together. If your partner is keeping your relationship private, this may be a sign that they are cheating. More so, if this is changed behavior.
They randomly turn their location off and on
If your partner's location is turned off intermittently or permanently, that could be a sign of cheating, especially if you usually share your location with each other.
Finding out that your partner is cheating
Some relationships survive infidelity, and others do not. Only you can decide what is right for you and your situation. Regardless of whether you choose to stay or go, talking to a professional can be beneficial. A professional counselor can help you rebuild your relationship and walk you through some of the challenges that you will face.
DISCLAIMER: The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text belong solely to the author.
Based in Manhattan, Happenings™ founder Tom Noel would often take a walk through Central Park. In 2008, during one of his walks, he stopped to sit at one of his favorite iconic locations in the Park, the Bethesda Fountain. There, Mr. Noel noticed that the intrinsic beauty that surrounded him was not being fully harnessed. He also realized that not a single business provided the exclusiveness of an affordable and high-quality event planner. Determined to change this, Happenings™ was born.
The most valuable thing we can deliver is an unforgettable memory. Iconic belongs to everyone.
We believe that everyone deserves to celebrate the love they share with an iconic wedding. For this reason, we help you create the best Happenings™ ever after through thoughtfully curated details tailored to iconic locations throughout Central Park.
BOOK AN ICONIC CENTRAL PARK WEDDING TODAY